|Canon has brought an new energy to its EF lens series with the re-design of the EF 24mm f/2.8 IS and 28mm f/2.8 IS lenses.
The World’s First Fixed Focal Length, Wide-Angle Lenses with Image Stabilization!
Signature feature: WORLD’S FIRST FIXED FOCAL LENGTH, WIDE-ANGLE LENSES WITH IMAGE STABILIZATION!
- Substantially smaller, lighter and less attention-grabbing when mounted
- Designed for the experienced and savvy user
- Advanced amateur or working professional
- Offer the promise (as most fixed focal length lenses do) of spectacular
- Sharper from center to corner
- Less inherent linear distortion
- Equivalent effect of 4 stops Image Stabilization correction
- Closer minimum focus distances
- Potentially less lens flare when shooting strongly back-lit subjects
- f/2.8 openings with 7 blade circular aperture for soft backgrounds
- New coatings deliver minimized ghosting and flare
- On full-frame EOS SLRs (EOS 5D and 5D Mark II)
- Each acts as a true wide-angle lens
- On APS-C sensor cameras with 1.6 conversion factor (EOS 7D, 60D
- 24mm is equivalent to 38mm
- Becomes a mild wide-angle lens
- 28mm is equivalent to 45mm
- Becomes a standard view lens
With their f/2.8 openings, these two lenses rival the very best that the industry’s wide-angle zooms can produce — in a far lighter, smaller, and less-expensive package.