Whether you are a seasoned sales representative or this is your first day on the job, understanding the basics of selling is equally important as understanding your customers.
The truth is anyone can make a sale, but when you have a returning customer who refers family and friends, that's a true sign of success. Here are some basic fundamentals of selling. These will easily break the ice with your customers and get you on the right track for a winning Canon Sale.
Greet your Customer:
- Don't wait for the customer to come to you.
- Engage the customer early and offer your assistance.
- Ask more than just "May I help you?" Try this one instead, "What can I do for you today?" or "What brought you in the store today?"
Recommend a Solution
- Ask open ended questions, and avoid questions that can be answered with "yes" or "no."
- The right types of questions will help you formulate a solution that will meet your customer's needs.
Last but not least, make sure to offer your customers a complete solution. Do they need extra ink and photo paper? Familiarize them with all the available accessories. For instance, it's never too early to offer that extra ink or photo paper. Plant the seed while you're showing the product instead of just tacking it on at the end of the sale.
- Offer or recommend 2-3 products, based on their needs.
- Make sure your customer understands "What will this product do for me?"
- Demonstrate the solution: studies show if customers gets hand-on experience they will be more likely to purchase.