The refrigerator and freezer compartments are nearly equal in size and situated side-by-side, each spanning from top to bottom.
- Easy to access to both fresh and frozen food.
- May feature ice and water dispensers
- Easy access to food in narrow kitchens
- More freezer space than Top Freezer and Bottom Freezer models
- Narrow design can limit what food and dishes fit in each compartment
A combination of the side-by-side and bottom freezer styles, this style has a refrigerator on the top half opened with French doors rather than one wide door. The bottom freezer may be opened with a drawer, door or French doors.
- Wide shelves can fit large platters, pizzas, etc.
- Some models have a temperature-controlled counter-height drawer for fresh foods.
- Some have ice and water dispensers.
- Stylish design