Before you can help your customers create a home network, you'll need to understand how your customers will use it.
Ask your customers about their current setup and computer use:
- Do you have broadband Internet? If so, do you have a home network setup?
- Do you have any wireless devices, like a laptop, Tablet PC or eReader? Are they Wireless G or N?
- Are you interested in streaming video or music to your home entertainment system? Do you have or are you considering any entertainment devices such as a DVR, media receiver or game console?
- Do you have or are you considering VoIP?
- Do you connect to a virtual private network (VPN) for business?
These questions will all help you guide your customer in setting up a home network that meets their needs.