Please note: Be sure that your profile is up to date, or any submission may be delayed or denied. Click "Update Profile" in the upper left corner of the site to review your information right now.
Official Program Rules
Certification Program Rules:
Participating in the Sony Online Training Site Certification program is fun and rewarding*. There are three certification levels that can be achieved.
Level One – Sony Product Certification
Successfully complete any "Product" level training and corresponding quiz within the Sony Online Training program, and you'll become Sony product certified (e.g. Complete the "Sony BRAVIA LCD HDTV" training and quiz within the Television category, and you’ll become "Sony BRAVIA LCD HDTV Product Certified").
Level Two – Sony Category Certification
Complete ALL the available product level training within a Sony Category, and you will be automatically "Sony Category Certified" (e.g. complete all modules in the Sony Televisions Category and you'll become "Sony Televisions Category Certified"). Category Certification status is valid for one calendar year from the date of achievement. While it is possible that new product training may be added during the year that a Category Certification is achieved, the user will retain his/her certified status.
Level Three – Master Certification
Participants who have earned Sony Category Certification in ALL available categories will become automatically Master Certified and a member of the Tatsu-jin club. Master Certification status is valid for one calendar year from the date of achievement. While it is possible that new product training may be added during the year that a Master Certification is achieved, the user will retain his/her certified status.
The Sony Online Training Site gives you lots of ways to learn and win. To qualify to enter and win the Monthly Prize, Quarterly Prize, and Grand Prize drawings, just follow the directions below.
Monthly Category Prizes
At the end of each month, a "Monthly Prize" random prize drawing will be held for each of the existing Sony product categories. To enter a particular category’s Monthly prize drawing, participants must successfully pass at least one (1) product level training module within that Sony Category during that month. Each module that is passed will earn the participant one (1) additional entry into the monthly drawing for the category in which the module was passed.
Quarterly Category Certification Prize
At the end of each calendar quarter, a special "Quarterly Prize" random prize drawing will be held for each of the existing Sony product categories. Each Category Certification is worth one (1) entry point into the Quarterly Category Certification Prize drawings for the category in which certification was achieved. For each category, the participant will be automatically entered into every Quarterly Category drawing that occurs during the 12 month period beginning from the date of Category achievement.
Semi-Annual Tatsu-jin Certification Prize
At the end of September and at the end of March, a special "Tatsu-jin" drawing will be held. A maximum of ten (10) winners will be selected in each drawing. Sony Master Certification is worth one (1) entry point into the semi-annual prize drawings. Once Master Certification is achieved, the participant will be automatically entered into the two semi-annual Tatsu-jin Certification Prize drawings that occur during the 12 month period beginning from the date of Sony Master Certification achievement.
- By participating in the CyberScholar.com program (the "program"), you agree to participate in accordance with the official rules stated below, as established by Creative Channel Services, LLC ("CCS").
- CyberScholar.com prize drawings are sponsored by Creative Channel Services, LLC ("CCS"). Any inquiries regarding the drawing, or the rules governing the drawing as set forth below should be directed to Creative Channel Services, LLC.
- Sponsor: Creative Channel Services, LLC, P.O. Box 10818, Marina Del Rey, CA 90295.
- How to Register: Participants may register for the program online at the CyberScholar website located at "www.cyberscholar.com" by completing the registration form. You will be prompted to choose a CyberScholar User Name which must be used each time you take quizzes through the program.
- How to Enter: Use the information on the CyberScholar.com/Sony website to answer the questions on the related quiz. Indicate the correct answers on the quiz and click the "Submit Quiz" button to enter. Participants may take a quiz as many times as necessary until all answers are correct; however, only one (1) correctly answered submission per quiz will be eligible for the applicable prize drawing ("eligible entry"). No purchase necessary. All entries become the property of Sponsor.
- Who May Enter: Open to U.S. residents ages 18 and over who are currently employed in a sales function with a CCS authorized retailer (as listed on Store Name pull-down menu on Register Page). Employees of CCS, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotions agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible. Employees of Sony, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotions agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning each prize offered depends on the number of eligible entries received.
- Claiming Prizes: Winners must claim their prizes by returning required documentation, which may include a signed affidavit of eligibility, waiver of liability and publicity release, within 7 days after notification of prize, or prize is forfeited. Sponsor reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value, or cash equivalent, if advertised prize is unavailable. Blackout periods and travel restrictions may apply to trips awarded and travel companion of winner may be required to execute a liability release. By participating in the drawing for prizes, winners consent to the use of their name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation (except TN residents).
- Winners List: To receive a list of winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to Sponsor's address.
- Fraudulent submissions of multiple claims can result in disqualification. Entries void if mechanically reproduced, forged or obtained outside authorized channels.
- CCS makes no warranty, expressed or implied, with respect to the accuracy of any information supplied by manufacturers, including pricing, product editorials, marketing programs and special offers presented by manufacturers on the CyberScholar website.
- Participants acknowledge that suppliers of prizes are liable for all costs and required notices relating to the prizes to be given to winners, including, but not limited to, purchaser/acquisition costs, applicable taxes, delivery charges and 1099 Tax Notification to winners. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prizes.
- Participants acknowledge that Sponsor is not liable for prizes, and hereby releases Sponsor from any and all liability, loss, or damage arising from prizes received by participants, including, but not limited to, claims for products liability, personal injury, breach of contract, and negligence.
- Participant agrees that should legal proceedings be commenced as a result of his/her participation in the program, with sponsor being a party to such proceedings, all proceedings will be held in Los Angeles County, California, and all court proceedings (including any proceeding to enforce a judgment in arbitration) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located within the Districts of Los Angeles County, California. Any disputes arising from participation in the program shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
- The Program's official rules are subject to change at anytime without notice by CCS, and are subject to the independent interpretation of CCS.
- Void where prohibited. Copyright 2013 Creative Channel Services, LLC. All rights reserved. CyberScholar is a trademark of Creative Channel Services, LLC. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective holders.